Board Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist and Nationally Certified Medicare Set-aside Consultant*
While in private practice for over 32 years and as "Of Counsel" in the firm Morrissey, Morrissey & Mooney, LLC I have worked with hundreds of attorneys and law firms throughout Connecticut and other states providing integrated settlement solutions for their workers' compensation and liability settlements where Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid collateral benefits are at issue.
As a practicing attorney I have worked with hundreds of attorneys and law firms and their clients for over 32 years providing counsel with integrated settlement solutions to their workers' compensation and liability settlements wherein Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid collateral benefits are at issue.
I am a board-certified workers' compensation specialist by the Connecticut Bar Association Standing Committee on Workers' Compensation Certification and am nationally credentialed by the Commission on Health Care Certification (CHCC) as a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant (MSCC)*.
I author two texts on workers' compensation, Social Security offsets and Medicare Set-asides and have written numerous articles and appeared as a guest lecturer before various national and state legal associations and industry groups. I am AV-rated under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System® and am recognized in Best Lawyer and Super Lawyer publications.
- Medicare Set-aside Services. If your client is a Medicare beneficiary or has a reasonable expectation of being a Medicare beneficiary within 30 months of the settlement of a workers' compensation or personal injury claim, my office will prepare an analysis of those future injury or accident related medical services and prescription drug therapy costs which would otherwise be payable or reimbursable by Medicare so as to minimize the amount your client will be required to "set aside" from the gross settlement proceeds in order to comply with current regulatory requirements.
- Medicare Conditional Payment Services. If your client is currently a Medicare beneficiary or has been a Medicare beneficiary in the past my office provides complete Medicare compliance including notice, investigation and reconciliation of any Medicare conditional payments which are payable from the settlement proceeds.
- Social Security Offset Services. If your client will receive either periodic or lump sum workers' compensation payments concurrently while receiving Social Security Disability benefits your client may be subject to having those important Social Security benefits reduced by what is known as "offset." My office will draft settlement language which mitigates or eliminates, if possible, the adverse impact Social Security offset provisions can have on your client's important monthly Social Security Disability benefits.
- CMS Referral Service. If your settlement meets certain review thresholds as developed by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) your settlement needs to be referred to CMS. My office provides complete referral services for your workers' compensation or personal injury settlement including initial submission, as well as, resolution of any CMS counter proposal.
- Workers' Compensation Settlement Document Preparation Services. If your client settles a workers' compensation claim your settlement documents should contain Social Security disability and Medicare set-aside provisions so that these important collateral benefits are not jeopardized by the settlement of your claim. If your client is settling a liability claim my office can provide Medicare compliant general release language.
- Expert Testimony Services and Legal Opinion Letters. My office is often called on by other lawyers to prepare legal opinion letters or to provide expert testimony on matters involving workers' compensation claims, Medicare Set-asides or Social Security offsets. My office provides this service on a broad range of issues, including the valuation of a case, the legal issues involved and matters of causation or insurance liability.
- ADR Arbitration/Mediation Services. My office will provide private ADR mediation/arbitration services for workers' compensation and liability settlements conducted at either Claimant/Plaintiff or Respondent/Defendant's office location.
Contact the Law Office of Angelo Paul Sevarino
For a free initial telephone consultation call at 860-870-3803 or email me at email@example.com.
*Connecticut does not certify lawyers as specialists in Medicare law.