Board Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist and Nationally Credentialed Medicare Set-aside Consultant*
I have worked with hundreds of attorneys, law firms and claims professionals throughout Connecticut, as well as, other states, in providing Integrated Settlement Solutions™ involving workers' compensation and/or liability settlements where Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid collateral benefits are at issue.
My integrated settlement services include:
- the proper development and calculation of a Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-aside (WCMSA) or Liability Medicare Set-aside (LMSA)
- Medicare conditional payment investigation and reconciliation with the Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC)
- where appropriate, referral of a WCMSA to The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services(CMS)
- workers’ compensation case analysis and valuation
- drafting and preparation of tailored settlement documents and/or releases including critical client informed consent disclosure documents.
- drafting of specific Social Security offset provisions to eliminate or mitigate the impact workers’ compensation settlements mayhave on your client’s Social Security Disability benefits
- ADR mediation services
- Expert testimony and legal opinion letters
For more information on available services click Attorney Services.
I have over 42 years combined experience in the practice fields of workers’ compensation, Social Security disability and Medicare, as well as, the commercial property-casualty insurance industry.
I am a board-certified workers' compensation specialist certified by the Connecticut Bar Association Standing Committee on Workers' Compensation Certification and am nationally credentialed by the Commission on Health Care Certification (CHCC) as a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant (MSCC)*.
I am rated "Av" (highest accolade available) under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System®. I am also recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Connecticut’s Best Lawyers, Top Lawyers In New England, Connecticut Super Lawyers, New England Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys In Connecticut, GreaterHartford Top Attorneys and Top Rated Lawyers in HealthcareBest Lawyers, Top Attorneys and Super Lawyer publications.
I have authored four texts in the fields of workers’ compensation, Medicare and Social Security, have written numerous articles on workers’ compensation and liability settlements, Social Security offsets and Medicare Set-asides and presented at over 80 conferences and continuing legal education seminars.
My practice emphasizes prompt responses to practitioner’s inquiries, high ethical standards and competency and an efficient and cost-effective resource for assisting the workers’ compensation and liability practitioner in resolving settlements with Medicare and Social Securitycollateral benefit components.
TMThe trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Sevarino, Angelo, its affiliates and others. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed herein without the written permission of Angelo Paul Sevarino or such third party that may own the trademark displayed herein. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed herein, or any other content on this web site, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
*Connecticut does not certify lawyers as specialits in Medicare law
Contact the Law Office of Angelo Paul Sevarino
For a free initial telephone consultation call at 860-716-0320 or email your inquiry to me at email@example.com.