I have worked with hundreds of attorneys, law firms and claims professionals throughout Connecticut, as well as, other states, in providing Integrated Settlement Solutions™ involving workers' compensation and/or liability settlements where Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid collateral benefits are at issue.
Legal Services Provided
My integrated settlement services include:
- The proper development and calculation of a Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside (WCMSA) or Liability Medicare Set-Aside (LMSA)
- Medicare conditional payment investigation and reconciliation with the Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC)
- Where appropriate, referral of a WCMSA to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Workers' compensation case analysis and valuation
- Drafting and preparation of tailored settlement documents and/or releases including critical client informed consent disclosure documents
- Drafting of specific Social Security offset provisions to eliminate or mitigate the impact workers' compensation settlements may have on your client's Social Security Disability benefits
- Integrated Settlement Solutions® - your alternate dispute resolution (ADR) service
- Expert testimony and legal opinion letters
My Qualifications As An Attorney
I have over 42 years combined experience in the practice fields of workers' compensation, Social Security Disability and Medicare, as well as the commercial property-casualty insurance industry.
I am a board-certified workers' compensation specialist certified by the Connecticut Bar Association Standing Committee on Workers' Compensation Certification and am nationally credentialed by the Commission on Health Care Certification (CHCC) as a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant (MSCC)*.
I have authored four texts in the fields of workers' compensation, Medicare and Social Security; have written numerous articles on workers' compensation and liability settlements, Social Security offsets and Medicare Set-asides; and presented at over 80 conferences and continuing legal education seminars.