I have worked with hundreds of attorneys, law firms and claims professionals throughout Connecticut, as well as, other states, in providing Integrated Settlement Solutions® involving Medicare Secondary Payer compliance, workers’ compensation and/or liability settlement document drafting and case analysis and evaluation where Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid collateral benefits are involved
Legal Services Provided
My tailored legal services include:
- The proper development, drafting and calculation of Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-aside (WCMSA) or Liability Medicare Set-aside (LMSA) arrangements
- Medicare conditional payment investigation and reconciliation with the Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC) or Commercial Recovery Center (CRC)
- Where appropriate, referral of a WCMSA to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Workers’ compensation case analysis and valuation
- Drafting and preparation of tailored settlement documents and/or releases including critical client informed consent and notice of consequence disclosure documents
- Drafting of specific Social Security offset provisions to eliminate or mitigate the impact workers’ compensation settlements may have on your client’s Social Security Disability benefits
- Expert testimony and legal opinion letters
- Private mediation services through Integrated Settlement Solutions® – your alternate dispute resolution (ADR) service
- For a more detailed explanation of any of my available services click the “Attorney Services” button below. You can always contact me for a free initial telephone consultation.
My Qualifications As An Attorney
I have over 46 years combined experience in the practice fields of workers’ compensation, personal injury, Social Security Disability and Medicare including 13 years managerial experience in the commercial property-casualty insurance industry.
I am a board-certified workers’ compensation specialist certified by the Connecticut Bar Association Standing Committee on Workers’ Compensation Certification and am nationally credentialed by the Commission on Health Care Certification (CHCC) as a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant (MSCC)*.
I have authored four texts in the fields of workers’ compensation, Medicare and Social Security; have written numerous articles on workers’ compensation and liability settlements, Social Security offsets and Medicare Set-asides; and presented at over 80 conferences and continuing legal education seminars.
I am an adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Connecticut School of Law where I teach a course in workers’ compensation.
Holding To The Highest Professional Standards
My practice emphasizes prompt responses to practitioner’s inquiries, high ethical standards and competency, and an efficient and cost-effective resource for assisting the workers’ compensation and liability practitioner in resolving settlements with Medicare and Social Security collateral benefit components.
I have achieved the honored “AV” rating for the last 25 years (highest accolade available) under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating* system®. Since May 2001 I am a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist by the Connecticut Bar Association Standing Committee on Workers’ Compensation Certification. Since June 2008 I am nationally credentialed as a Medicare Set-aside Consultant (MSCC) by the International Commission on Health Care Certification (ICHCC)*
I am also recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Connecticut’s Best Lawyers, Top Lawyers In New England, Connecticut Super Lawyers, New England Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys In Connecticut, Greater Hartford’s Top Attorneys and Top Rated Lawyers in Healthcare publications.
Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist And Nationally Credentialed Medicare Set-aside Consultant*
*Connecticut does not certify lawyers as specialists in Medicare law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
*The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Sevarino, Angelo, its affiliates and others. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed herein without the written permission of Angelo Paul Sevarino or such third party that may own the trademark displayed herein. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed herein, or any other content on this website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.